Well-supported, logical and defensible valuation conclusions.
Our goal is to ensure you have the information you need to fully understand the value of an entity, asset or liability so you can make sound business and investment decisions. We provide independent and well-supported valuations to help you successfully understand the value of your assets in today’s rigorous regulatory environment. Our financial specialists have formal valuation credentials and a thorough understanding of the applicable regulatory requirements in jurisdictions around the world.
We have completed valuations and fairness opinions in connection with M&A transactions for publicly traded brewing companies, due diligence for private equity firms, and valuations and turnaround planning for privately held craft breweries. We work with breweries and malting companies of all sizes around the world.
We can help you to quantify and articulate value for business valuation matters relating to:
- Private company transactions: whether related to equity financing investments, acquisitions, divestitures, family management succession planning, shareholder buyouts or other purposes.
- Public company transactions,: whether we act behind the scenes as an advocate to help you get the best deal, or as an independent expert including fairness opinions for the Board, or fair value opinions relating to shareholder dissent and oppression remedies.
- Income tax transactions: such as reorganizations, cross border restructuring and estate freezes.
- Financial Reporting valuations: in respect of goodwill impairment testing, intangible asset valuation and purchase price allocation, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Fairness opinions: in conjunction with corporate and securities regulation requirements.
- Critiques of valuation reports: prepared by others to provide an independent, objective assessment of whether or not we believe a valuation report prepared by another firm or individual contains issues or deficiencies that may impair the credibility of its conclusions.
We can assess the fair market value and estimated useful life of brewing assets for a variety of purposes such as insurance documentation, financial reporting (allocation of acquisition price), price negotiations (purchase or divestiture), income tax planning, property tax disputes. We assess the value of plant/equipment assets separately from the value of the real property.
We have helped clients define the appropriate premise (or definition of value) such as replacement cost, reproduction cost less depreciation, market value, fair value, and liquidation value. Our consultants have knowledge of the new and used brewing equipment market and can help you source needed assets cost effectively. We can also help you establish a reasonable budget for freight and installation.